This Swanstrom link forming pliers set has everything you need to form a variety of links for your custom jewelry designs.
Swanstrom link forming pliers combine the wire-shaping power of a jig with the maneuverability of pliers. The anti-glare finish on the pliers prevents eye strain caused by reflective glare and increases visibility of the workpiece. Use these pliers with a ready-made ring or one you’ve made yourself; this tool cannot be used with cast rings. Place the ring around the pegs, then squeeze the handles to stretch the ring into its new shape.
• These pliers have an adjustable lap joint; the screw allows the joint to be adjusted as needed.
• The coil spring is tempered to hold its hardness and to spring back to its original shape after being compressed.
• The jaw stop allows you to achieve even, repeatable pressure with no over-extension of the tool.
• The Soft-Touch™ sure-grip foam handles are longer, wider and ergonomically designed for maximum comfort over extended periods of use. All Swanstrom tool handles are latex-free.
The steel jig has 48 pre-drilled 1/8" holes, allowing you to create just about any shape link. Arrange pegs in the holes to create the shape and size ring you want. Then place a wire ring, make your own or choose one ready-made, around the pegs. Squeeze the pliers to stretch the ring into the new shape.
The Delrin® jig is undrilled, allowing you to create even more customized shapes. Design a peg configuration to create the shape and size ring you want. Drill the jig to accept the pegs in your pattern design.
Swanstrom Tools manufactures technically advanced cutters and pliers, forged from high chromium, high carbon alloy steel and hardened to 65 HRC. This material, along with a unique proprietary heat treating process and computer-controlled induction edge-hardening maximize tool life.
U.S. Patent: 8281637
• This tool cannot be used with cast rings.