This Rio PMC® kiln is designed for firing metal clay and is ideal for a variety of other tasks, including enameling, fusing glass and annealing glass beads, wax burnout for casting, and curing paint on china. It offers:
• Generous space for firing with built-in vent hole and plug.
• Galvanized steel case with an inter-wall layer of air to help keep it cool.
• Inner ceramic-fiber firing chamber with embedded elements.
• Fiber shelf with four ceramic feet and instruction handbook.
The kiln is easy to use and program; it features five pre-set PMC® programs:
• PMC+™ fast
• PMC+™ slow
• PMC® original
• 25 user user-defined programs that you can customize for your tasks.
Additional shelf kits are available separately so you can substantially expand the kiln firing capacity.
Max. temperature: 2,000°F (1,093°C)
Power output: 1,370 watts
• A 220-volt model is available by special order; please call for a quote.
• Other colors (purple, hot pink, black or turquoise) can be special ordered for an additional fee (approx. $50). Allow 2–3 weeks lead time.
• IMPORTANT: Protect your eyes by wearing tinted safety glasses or goggles when opening kiln door when the kiln is hot.