This Presidium® SAM tester instantly identifies white diamond, moissanite (including moissanite with low electrical conductivity) and diamond simulants (genuine stones such as white zircon and sapphire will test as simulants)—a terrific tool to help you accurately test stones as needed to protect yourself against fraud. The sensitive, thermo-electric probe tip (1.0 x 0.5mm) is highly accurate in testing colorless stones as small as .02 ct. and has a built-in metal detector that ensures the tip is in contact with the stone during testing.
The Presidium® SAM diamond and moissanite tester powers up, ready to use, in just 10 seconds (the fastest warm-up time of any tester on the market) and delivers easy-to-read visual results. Testing only takes one second and there is no need to wait between tests. The tester is powered by either three AAA batteries or an AC adapter (neither is included).
The Presidium® SAM diamond and moissanite tester features:
• A retractable thermoelectric probe tip that ensures consistent pressure between the stone and probe for accurate results.
• An energy-saving auto power-off function (after 10 minutes without use when powered by batteries).
• A low-battery indicator.
• Ergonomic design that is ideal for both right- and left-handed users and a rubberized grip that provides comfort and security during use.
• One-year manufacturer's warranty.
The Presidium® SAM diamond and moissanite tester comes with a:
• User manual.
• Zippered protective carrying case.
• Warranty card.
• Stones should be clean and free of all oils and grime to ensure the most accurate results.
• The Presidium® SAM tester helps distinguish between colorless diamonds and moissanite using the combined principles of thermal and electrical conductivity. Because colored diamonds (natural and treated) may be electrically conductive, the tester should be used on colorless stones only (this limitation applies to all testers that use thermal and electrical conductivity methods for testing the authenticity of gemstones).