Conceived by Knew Concepts, with their enthusiastic focus on what the jeweler needs, this versatile, do-anything bench pin will save you time and money. Made of solid 3/16" stainless steel, the body of the bench pin is thin enough that it won't interfere with your saw blade as you cut and is sturdy enough that it will not flex and jump with each stroke. The pin is designed to fit onto a dovetail mount (ideal for your BenchMate® mounting bracket), or onto the companion Knew Concepts dovetail clamp accessory (available separately). Use the clamp to take the bench pin with you to shows (or just about anywhere your work takes you) and you'll have the benefits of this innovative Knew Concepts bench pin always available to you.
Additional benefits include:
• An adjustable Delrin® ring hook at the front of the pin that's specifically designed to make cutting and sizing rings fast and easy. Orient the hook on the right or left side and set the angle exactly where you need it.
• A deep sawing slot that easily accommodates larger workpieces.
• Two movable vertical pins that can serve as a guide for your 30® handpiece when you want to drill perfectly perpendicular holes. Reposition the pins in the holes provided to help support your flex shaft handpiece in a variety of ways as you work.
• A brass guide fence that provides a reference for creating perfect angles; adjust from 0–60° in 15° increments. Ideal for sizing ring stock, or creating precision angles when filing against the side of the pin.
• Elimination of the risk of contaminating your sweeps or files with aluminum—this pin is solid steel.