GRS® introduces the C-Max gravers: gravers made with a special tungsten carbide alloy that delivers a unique combination of hardness and durability for hand-engraving and stone-setting tasks. Engravers now can enjoy the toughness of carbide without the frustration of too-easy breakage and too-often resharpening.
This kit includes both a C-Max burin graver and a GRS® adjustable half-head graver handle that allows you to set the desired burin length. Loosen the two set screws, slide the burin in or out of the handle to the length desired, and then tighten the set screws.The half-head handle offers a cut side that allows the graver to be used at flatter, more acute angles. The rounded shape provides a firm seat into the palm of the hand for steady control as your work. The flat side also prevents the tool from rolling when laid on the bench or work surface.
This burin graver is especially ideal for intaglio print-making.
• The top front of the burin features two ground reference surfaces forming a 90° square edge. This provides a clamping surface for resharpening using most GRS® sharpening fixtures.
• Behind the 35° front graver face is a relief face sharpened at 15°. The burin sides are thinned by grinding a 2.5° relief surface on both sides that is approximately 0.6" (15mm) long.
• Face angle is 35°.
• Heel construction includes two flat ground surfaces approximately 0.25" (6mm) long at 12° elevation angle forming a 100° included V-point. This creates a slightly wider point than a traditional square graver.
Graver dimensions: 3"L x 1/8" dia.
Handle dimensions: 2-3/4"L x 1-1/4" dia. with 1/8" collet
• One GRS® burin graver, 3"L x 1/8" dia.
• One GRS® adjustable graver handle, 1/8" collet