This Foredom® bench lathe and filter hood kit provides you with an ideal work station for finishing and polishing—and it's compact enough to use at your bench. The lathe and hood are both CE certified and each is covered by a two-year manufacturer's limited warranty against defects in materials or workmanship.
The Foredom® M.BL lathe is extremely quiet and stable, with a 1/6hp, high torque, permanent magnet motor that runs 500–7,000 rpm. Its precision machined A-TM-5 (right hand) and A-TM-6 (left hand) tapered spindles hold wheels and buffs up to a 4" diameter. The sturdy cast iron base has suction-cup feet for stability and includes designed-in mounting holes, allowing you to permanently mount the motor to your work surface, if desired.
The Foredom® MAFH25 filter hood delivers strong self-contained suction power ideal for removing particles of hazardous dust as you perform light grinding and polishing tasks and for reclaiming precious metal after the work is done. The hood features an 80cfm variable speed fan so you can control the intensity of the draw and offers a long, flexible gooseneck LED lamp (125 watts), fully illuminating your work area. Other benefits include:
• A removable water-tight metal tray that help contain particles of metal as they are removed from the workpiece.
• A clear polycarbonate shield that flips down instantly when needed and up and out of the way when not needed.
• Includes three filters—two all-purpose polyester filters (for coarse particles) and one charcoal/polyester combination filter (for medium to fine particles); choose the filter appropriate for the work you're doing and change filters as the work changes. Replacement filters are available separately.
• One switch dual voltage capability.
• Generous 5-1/2-ft. power cord.
• Powder-coated, heavy gauge steel housing for easy clean-up and long service life.
Lathe dimensions: 6"W x 5"D
Lathe dimensions (between spindles): 5-1/8"H x 13"W x 5/16" dia.
Hood dimensions: 6"W x 12-3/4"D x 7-1/2"H
• IMPORTANT: This item is wired for dual 110- and 220-volt capability and is sold with a U.S. plug. Because amperage, outlets and plugs vary widely by location, you may need a different plug. If so, you are responsible for having the appropriate plug or adapter installed by a qualified professional. Rio Grande assumes no liability for improper or inadequate re-wiring or adapters procured by customer.
• Wheels and accessories for this lathe must be rated for at least 7,000rpm.
• Bench lathe with tapered spindles—not the 334016 kit; 110 volts.
• Dual voltage filter hood kit (334033) with hood, removable tray, shield, gooseneck LED light, three filters and power cord; 110/220 volts.