Manufactured exclusively for Rio in the USA by Swanstrom, the high-quality dies in this set produce oval stampings. All parts are made of hardened and tempered, shock-resistant tool steel with precision-ground surfaces. The spring-loaded die plate allows you to easily open and close according to the thickness of the metal being punched.
This cutter will give you clean, consistent cuts over years of use, reducing the amount of time you spend on finishing and the amount of metal that is wasted. Buy a Swanstrom cutter once and rest assured it will give you high-quality cuts for years to come.
Designed for soft, non-ferrous metals up to 20 ga. (.81mm) when using a hammer and up to 16 ga. (1.29mm) when using a Bonny Doon hydraulic press. IMPORTANT: Always position a shim of the same thickness of the material being cut directly across from that material to keep the plates balanced and ensure a perfectly perpendicular cut.
Die sizes (all are 2" tall):
• 1/2" x 23/32" (13 x 18mm)
• 5/8" x 13/16" (16 x 21mm)
• 3/4" x 15/16" (19 x 24mm)
• 7/8" x 1-3/16" (22 x 30mm)
• one two-plate cutter block
• four dies
• one Allen wrench
• a strong rubber base (6" x 6" x 1/2") that conveniently holds the cutter and diesUse a urethane square (1/16" thick, 95 durometer; not included) under the cutters as a support as you cut; the urethane absorbs the energy of the hammer blow, protecting the cutters and the work surface and ensuring a clean, sharp cut.
please note: • Protect the surfaces of your punches by using only brass-head mallets to strike them when cutting.
• Always use BurLife® on the cutting edges of your punches to keep them cutting cleanly and efficiently for years to come.
As a wholesale supplier to jewelers and other industry professionals, Rio Grande wants to avoid presenting wholesale pricing to retail consumers. In addition, the U.S. Patriot Act requires all suppliers of precious metals to maintain full contact information for all of its customers.
Please be aware that we vigilantly protect your account information—it will never be shared or sold to any third party for any reason, ever.
The benefits of having a dedicated account with us include:
See current pricing on all products based on published daily metal markets.
Access and print your order history and invoices any time you need them.
Create and update a 'wish' list of products you have selected but are not yet ready to purchase.
Manage and update your account information, including contact and payment information, at your convenience.