Need an economical engraving machine to achieve precise results on both flat and cylindrical surfaces for metals, plastic, wood, glass and beyond? The versatile U-MARQ® GEM-RX5 is fast, easy-to-use and produces accurate engraving results on flat items, the inside and outside surfaces of rings or bracelets, and 360° around circular pieces—all at an affordable price! This machine must be used in conjunction with your computer and can engrave flat areas up to 6" x 3" and cylindrical areas up to 70mm.
The four-axis engraver is ideal for the retail environment and comes with self-centering vise and jigs for holding delicate jewelry in place while you work, plus a high-speed spindle motor that enables you to burnish in coated metals.
Connect to your personal computer or laptop, then start providing your customers with personalizing services—growing your business in the process!
• Interface to PC/laptop: serial and USB with adapter.
• Mechanics: Cartridge spindle, lead screws and precision linear rails, steel chassis.
• Engravable materials: Most materials are suitable for the rotated or diamond drag.
• Flat work size: 6" x 3" / 160 x 75mm
• Cylindrical work size: 2-1/2" dia. / 65mm
• Z-axis travel: 2-2/5" / 60mm
• Z-axis clearance: 2" / 50mm top of jaws, 1-3/16" / 30mm top of beam
• Maximum vice opening: 5-11/16" / 145mm
• Spindle motor speed: 12,000rpm
• Power of spindle motor: 42 watts; brushless hall-effect DC motor
• Minimum PC/Laptop requirements: 2 GHz dual core PC running Windows 7, 8 or 10, 1Gb RAM, 100 Mb free hard disk space and 2 free USB ports. This machine is compatible ONLY with PC (not Mac) computers.
• IMPORTANT: This item is wired for dual 110- and 220-volt capability and is sold with a U.S. plug. Because amperage, outlets and plugs vary widely by location, you may need a different plug. If so, you are responsible for having the appropriate plug or adapter installed by a qualified professional. Rio Grande assumes no liability for improper or inadequate re-wiring or adapters procured by customer.
• As the owner of a U-MARQ® engraving machine, you can register at www.u-marq.com and download free tutorial videos on your machine. Simply click on the 'Forums' tab at the top of the U-MARQ home page and register to begin. Or, copy and paste this link directly into your browser's address bar: http://www.u-marq.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=global§ion=register —Then register to begin.
• U-MARQ GEM-RX5 engraving machine.