Manufactured exclusively for Rio in the USA by Swanstrom, this set includes high-quality dies that produce teardrop (pear-shaped) stampings. All parts are made of hardened and tempered, shock-resistant tool steel with precision-ground surfaces. The spring-loaded die plate allows you to easily open and close according to the thickness of the metal being punched. Designed for soft, non-ferrous metals up to 20 ga. (0.81mm) when using a hammer and up to 16 ga. (1.29mm) when using a Bonny Doon hydraulic press. IMPORTANT: Always position a shim of the same thickness of the material being cut directly across from that material to keep the plates balanced and ensure a perfectly perpendicular cut.
Die sizes (all are 2" tall):
• 1/2" x 23/32" (13 x 18mm)
• 5/8" x 13/16" (16 x 21mm)
• 3/4" x 15/16" (19 x 24mm)
• 7/8" x 1-3/16" (22 x 30mm)
• one two-plate cutter block
• four dies
• one Allen wrench
• a strong rubber base (6" x 6" x 1/2") that conveniently holds the cutter and diesUse a urethane square (1/16" thick, 95 durometer; not included) under the cutters as a support as you cut; the urethane absorbs the energy of the hammer blow, protecting the cutters and the work surface and ensuring a clean, sharp cut.
• Protect the surfaces of your punches by using only brass-head mallets to strike them when cutting.
• Always use BurLife® on the cutting edges of your punches to keep them cutting cleanly and efficiently for years to come.