Cut clean, consistent shapes that release quickly and easily with the disc cutter that outperforms them all. The Swanstrom disc cutter is manufactured in the USA and provides decades of consistent service.
• Punches smaller than 1" are made of 4140 tool steel, case-hardened to 57HRC.
• The top and bottom plates, and 1” and larger punches are made of S7 durable shock-resistant tool steel through hardened to 55HRC for long-wear.
The Swanstrom disc cutter offers punches with precision-ground surfaces, to deliver smooth edges requiring minimal clean up. The tight tolerances between the punches and the spring-loaded die plate ensure clean cuts while prolonging the service life of the disc cutter.
The die plate clamps your metal to prevent distortion and keeps your fingers out of the way. It’s easy to open and close, so that you can adjust the cutter for your material. Place a shim of the same thickness as the material being cut on the opposite side of the disc cutter to keep the plates balanced.
Great for soft materials up to 16 gauge (1.29mm) when using a mallet and up to 10 gauge (2.59mm) when using a Bonny Doon hydraulic press. Use a urethane pad (1/16" thick, 95 durometer; not included) under the cutters to reduce noise, support your cutters, protect your work surface, and ensure a crisp cut.
Manufactured exclusively for Rio Grande.
• IMPORTANT: Always position a shim of the same thickness of the material being cut directly across from that material to keep the plates balanced and ensure a perfectly perpendicular cut.
• Protect the surfaces of your punches by using only brass-head mallets to strike them when cutting.
• Always use BurLife® on the cutting edges of your punches to keep them cutting cleanly and efficiently for years to come.