A heavy-duty edition of Swanstrom's best flush cutters, these top-quality cutters offer all the features of a Swanstrom tool in a larger size and with a thicker construction; these cutters are ideal for cutting heavier wire and stock, including non-ferrous metal up to 10 gauge, Beadalon® wire and memory wire (up to 16 gauge). Flush cutters require somewhat more pressure to make a cut than super- or semi-flush cutters. Though more noticeable than that left by the super- or semi-flush, the pinch is still minimal. The substantial oval head shape helps extend the working life of the blades. A dark, matte finish prevents eye strain caused by reflective glare and increases visibility of the workpiece.
• These cutters have a lap joint; one half of the joint overlaps the other, and a screw is set through both halves, allowing the joint to be adjusted as needed.
• The double-leaf spring consists of flat, tempered metal tabs attached to the inside of each of the tool handles, positioned to meet and hold the handles apart (and the jaws open) until they are squeezed closed, delivering a fast, strong rebound for improved productivity.
• The Soft-Touch™ sure-grip foam handles are ergonomically designed for maximum comfort over extended periods of use; all Swanstrom tool handles are latex-free.
Swanstrom Tools manufactures technically advanced cutters, forged from the highest-quality high-chromium, high-carbon alloy steel; these tools can be hardened up to 65 HRC. This material, along with a unique proprietary heat-treating process and computer-controlled induction edge-hardening maximize tool life. Forging offers the best combination of strength and durability; the jaws will not be nicked with normal use and keep their shape and finish well over time.
• Take care to avoid using these cutters beyond their maximum capacity.
• All Swanstrom tool handles are latex-free.