Swanstrom’s super-flush, super-sharp straight jaw cutters feature a flat back instead of the 15-degree angle seen on most cutters, so they deliver accurate cuts at angles up to 90 degrees. Super-flush cutters have blades that meet flush on the back of the tool; they require much less force to create the cut and leave very little pinch visible on the metal after the cut is made. Super-sharp blades make even cleaner cuts with less force, reducing stress and strain on the user’s hands. A dark, matte finish prevents eye strain caused by reflective glare and increases visibility of the workpiece.
• These cutters have an adjustable lap joint; one half of the joint overlaps the other, and a screw is set through both halves.
• The double-leaf spring, welded in place for durability, consists of flat, tempered metal tabs attached to the inside of each tool handle, positioned to meet and hold the handles apart (and the jaws open) until they are squeezed closed.
• The adjustable jaw-stop prevents blade collision, protecting both your tool and your workpiece, and allows you to achieve repeatable cuts.
• The Soft-Touch™ sure-grip foam handles are longer, wider and ergonomically designed for maximum comfort over extended periods of use; all Swanstrom tool handles are latex-free.
Swanstrom Tools manufactures technically advanced cutters, forged from the highest-quality high-chromium, high-carbon alloy steel; these tools can be hardened up to 65 HRC. This material, along with a unique proprietary heat-treating process and computer-controlled induction edge-hardening maximize tool life. Forging offers the best combination of strength and durability; the jaws will not be nicked with normal use and keep their shape and finish well over time.
• Not for use with memory wire or Beadalon® or for cutting sprues; take care to avoid using these cutters beyond their maximum capacity.