These diagonal bevel cutters from Swanstrom can handle wire up to 14 ga. (non-ferrous metals only) as well as Beadalon® wire up to .024". The most durable of cutters, bevel cutters require more pressure to make the cut and leave a pronounced pinch at the ends of the material, which will require finishing if it will show in the completed piece. Anti-glare black finish helps to reduce eye fatigue, improves visibility while working and helps reduce corrosion.
• These cutters have an adjustable lap joint; one half of the joint overlaps the other, and a screw is set through both halves. The knurled set screw prevents blade collision, protecting both your tool and your workpiece.
• The double-leaf spring consists of flat, tempered metal tabs attached to the inside of each tool handle, positioned to meet and hold the handles apart (and the jaws open) until they are squeezed closed.
• The double-ergonomic handles are designed for maximum comfort over extended periods of use; all Swanstrom tool handles are latex-free.
Swanstrom Tools manufactures technically advanced cutters, forged from the highest-quality high-chromium, high-carbon alloy steel; these tools can be hardened up to 65 HRC. This material, along with a unique proprietary heat-treating process and computer-controlled induction edge-hardening maximize tool life. Forging offers the best combination of strength and durability; the jaws will not be nicked with normal use and keep their shape and finish well over time.
• Not for use with memory wire; take care to avoid using these cutters beyond their maximum capacity.
• All Swanstrom tool handles are latex-free.