This sterling silver magnetic catch clasp is easy to use and features a twist-lock design for an extra secure closure. To use the clasp, connect the halves at a 90-degree angle from one another, listen for the “click” and then rotate the fixed rings until they are opposite one another. To extend the life of your designs, grasp both halves of the clasp when removing it instead of tugging on the bracelet or necklace itself. A magnetic clasp is a two-part clasp with a magnet in each part that holds securely, yet opens and closes easily—ideal for those who have difficulty using regular clasps. To help prevent loss, care should be taken to ensure that the jewelry piece is not heavier than the clasp can support.
Pulling force: 315 grams
• Overall length indicates the length added to your strand by the clasp.
• Never solder on or around the magnets in this clasp; the heat permanently destroys its magnetic properties.
• To open the clasp, slide one half of the clasp until its attach ring is positioned 90° from the ring on the other half, then lift the top half away from the bottom half of the clasp. To close, bring the halves together so that the attach rings are 90° away from each other, then slide one half around til it's 180° away from the other ring, locking it into place.
• Due to variables in the environment and application, the pull force is approximate.
• IMPORTANT: Sterling silver is an alloy containing metals that react with chemicals found in air and produce tarnish; high moisture levels, exposure to sunlight and contaminants such as salt water increase this reaction. Take steps to protect your sterling findings by keeping them in airtight packages, use tarnish-resistant products (such as tarnish tabs or strips) that absorb harmful chemicals, and store sterling findings in a cool, dry place. Most tarnish is easily removed by polishing with a mild abrasive or soaking in an anti-tarnish solution.