The simple, clean line of this bright-white sterling silver coil wire neck ring complements most design styles and is a flexible but sturdy foundation for pedants, beads, and other design elements. The simple beauty of the neck ring means that you can also offer it on its own. The clasp is an easy-to-use friction style that slides securely closed.
• Friction clasps should always be opened by holding the two parts of the clasp itself, never by pulling on the necklace strands.
• To adjust the tension on a friction clasp:
1. Open the clasp and hold the interior section of the clasp in both hands, one end in each hand.
2. Increase the friction (tighten the clasp) by gently bending this interior section, increasing its curvature. Decrease the friction (loosen the clasp) by gently unbending this interior section, decreasing its curvature.
3. IMPORTANT: Only very slight changes are needed to significantly alter the fit of the clasp.
• IMPORTANT: Sterling silver is an alloy containing metals that react with chemicals found in air and produce tarnish; high moisture levels, exposure to sunlight and contaminants such as salt water increase this reaction. Take steps to protect your sterling chains by keeping them in airtight packages, use tarnish-resistant products (such as tarnish tabs or strips) that absorb harmful chemicals, and store sterling findings in a cool, dry place. Most tarnish is easily removed by polishing with a mild abrasive or soaking in an anti-tarnish solution.