With 15 individual sterling silver strands(0.4mm each), this cable wire neck ring delivers a substantial visual presence without a lot of weight. Offer this piece on its own, or use it as a foundation for large pendants or slides.
• Friction clasps should always be opened by holding the two parts of the clasp itself, never by pulling on the necklace strands.
• To adjust the tension on a friction clasp:
1. Open the clasp and hold the interior section of the clasp in both hands, one end in each hand.
2. Increase the friction (tighten the clasp) by gently bending this interior section, increasing its curvature. Decrease the friction (loosen the clasp) by gently unbending this interior section, decreasing its curvature.
3. IMPORTANT: Only very slight changes are needed to significantly alter the fit of the clasp.
• IMPORTANT: Sterling silver is an alloy containing metals that react with chemicals found in air and produce tarnish; high moisture levels, exposure to sunlight and contaminants such as salt water increase this reaction. Take steps to protect your sterling chains by keeping them in airtight packages, use tarnish-resistant products (such as tarnish tabs or strips) that absorb harmful chemicals, and store sterling findings in a cool, dry place. Most tarnish is easily removed by polishing with a mild abrasive or soaking in an anti-tarnish solution.