These parallel-action forming pliers feature one round, three-step jaw and one round chain-nose jaw with a flat interior surface; they are ideal for forming loops, for crimping and for creating angled bends and smooth curves in heavy-gauge sheet and wire. The stepped barrels are approximately 2, 3 and 4.3mm in diameter and are approximately 8mm long; they give you the flexibility to vary your curve radius as needed. Choose parallel-action pliers when you need to hold a workpiece or other object securely while at the same time applying firm pressure to it, or when manipulating wire (you can feed the wire down through the throat and hold it firmly over the entire length of the jaw).
• The compound joint has two pivot points that keep the jaws parallel to each other as they open and close and create even pressure along the entire length of the jaw. As a result, the jaws hold objects securely, even under very firm pressure, with no slippage.
• These pliers have a coil spring, tempered to hold its hardness and spring back to its original shape after being compressed; the coil is attached to the inside surface between the tool handles.
• Textured handles ensure a firm grip.
• Round stepped tip width: 2.4mm
• Chain-nose tip width: 2.8mm
• Maximum jaw opening: 7mm