All fusion welders require a clamping system to hold the fusion finding and your jewelry piece in perfect alignment for proper bonding.
• The system in the Sparkie® II fusion welder consists of a collet and a fixture to ensure proper contact as the weld is made.
• The fixture is an interchangeable work support that helps you hold and position your workpiece for welding.
• Different fixtures are designed to accommodate parts of different shapes and sizes for optimum surface contact.
• The fixture also acts as a ground for completion of the welding circuit and is connected to the base of the sparkie by a fixture holder; shank size is 7.9mm.
• The Sparkie's two-piece fixture holder allows you to position your fixture as needed to suit your workpiece.
• Slightly moisten findings with water or liquid flux before fusing to help reduce the splattering of the fusion nib (the small pad on the pin remains and the nib flattens out).
• This fixture works with both the original Sparkie and the Sparkie II® fusion welder.