All fusion welders require a clamping system to hold the fusion finding and your jewelry piece in perfect alignment for proper bonding.
• The system in the Sparkie® II fusion welder consists of a collet and a fixture to ensure proper contact as the weld is made.
• The collet is a clamp that fits into the upper arm of the Sparkie® fusion welding machine and holds the fusion finding in place.
• Each type of fusion finding requires a specifically designed collet to hold it.
• The collet holds the finding in vertical alignment and conveys the electrical charge through the fusion finding during the welding cycle.
• Slightly moisten findings with water or liquid flux before fusing to help reduce the splattering of the fusion nib (the small pad on the pin remains and the nib flattens out).
• This collet works with the Sparkie II® fusion welder.