The PUK C440 pulse arc welder and microscope, developed by goldsmiths for goldsmiths, delivers TIG impulse welding that beautifully handles the finest and most intricate tasks. The applications possible are very similar to what's possible with a laser welder; weld on findings adjacent to gemstones, add metal, correct porosity, seal seams, and more.
The PUK C440 delivers a spot size as fine as 0.2mm and features simple button controls on the front panel that provide easy use—simply select the metal type and the output power level to start welding. It is effective on all precious metals, including silver alloys and just about any base metal, and does a great job joining dissimilar metals. The smoothing function on the welder accelerates the weld cycle, increasing the heat generated in the welding zone, and helps to protect electrode tip for longer service life. The PUK C440 offers maintenance-free technology, low operating costs, and a small footprint that fits into any workshop space.
• Quality regulator (included) offers optimal and consistent flow of argon gas to protect your pieces from oxidation and contamination during the welding process.
• The welding handpiece (included) is a high-precision instrument that delivers exceptionally fast reaction time; it's also slim and comfortable in your hand. The nozzle is optimized for inert gas use with reduced turbulence, helping shield workpieces from oxygen during welding.
• The SM03 microscope (included) provides 10X magnification, significantly enhancing the precision of your work. Integrated LED lighting provides a clear, brilliant, unobstructed view of the weld site; set for clear bright light (Luminescence DIN3) or dark viewing (Obscurity DIN11). The lenses feature DIN CERTCO-certified eye protection (UV11/IR11) for safe, confident operation; the lenses automatically darken from DIN 3 to DIN 11 during welding. Adjustable eyepieces ensure a comfortable, ergonomic posture that keeps you focused and relaxed throughout any length welding session. Field of vision is 20mm; operating distance is 145mm.
• The handpiece dock on the microscope stand keeps the handpiece securely anchored so that every pulse is exactly on target.
Includes a three-year warranty; GS-certified and CE-rated.
Impulse range: 2–34mS
Power range: 9–260 amps
• Inert gas (argon) should be used with the PUK welder; a regulator is included.
• PUK C440
• SM03 microscope
• Flowmeter regulator for Argon gas
• Gas hose, 3 meters long
• Set of electrodes, two of each; 0.5, 0.6 and 0.8mm
• Diamond grinding wheel
• 0.8mm collet
• Handpiece holder
• Contact clamp
• Cleaning pen