This Presidium® Synthetic White Diamond Screener II (SDS II) carries a 100% Lab-Grown Diamond Referral Rate achieved by ASSURE testing and instantly measures the UV absorption of colorless diamonds to differentiate Type IIa stones from Type Ia stones, allowing you to perform further tests as needed to protect yourself against fraud. Type Ia diamonds contain nitrogen impurities that naturally occur as diamonds are formed. Type IIa diamonds contain virtually no nitrogen impurities, which is typically a characteristic of lab-created diamonds.
The unit accurately tests a wide range of sizes, including melee—stones from .02–10 carats (stones as small as 1.5mm in width up to stones as large as 5mm in height). The tester is ideal for loose stones and accommodates mounted stones, providing that the settings have an open back.
The Synthetic White Diamond Screener II warms up and is ready to use in just four seconds and delivers visual, color-coded results in two seconds:
• A blue light result means the tested stone has a high UV absorption, indicating a natural, Type Ia diamond.
• A red light result means the tested stone has a low UV absorption, indicating a Type IIa diamond, which is usually a synthetic stone.
The Presidium® Synthetic White Diamond Screener II features:
• A 5mm metal bar that conveniently raises and lowers the test probe as needed for successful testing of loose stones.
• An interior blue LED light that helps you to precisely place the stone on the pad for accurate testing.
• An auto-off function turns off the interior LED light source when the lid is open and when testing is not taking place, helping extend its service life.
• A test button that blinks red when the unit does not detect a stone on the sensor.
• Power options that allow the unit to run on 110 volts using the included USB cable and adapter or four AAA batteries (not included).
• A low-battery indicator as well as an energy-saving auto-off function that turns off power after 10 minutes of non-use.
• A foam-padded base that keeps the tester in place on your work surface and protects against scratching the surface.
The Presidium® Synthetic White Diamond Screener II includes:
• Presidium® Screener testing compartment with hinged lid.
• USB cable and power adapter with a U.S. 2-prong plug (110 volts; 50/60Hz).
• Protective carrying case with two zippered compartments, one for the SDS II and one for the USB cable and adapter, allowing you to stay organized.
• One-year manufacturer's warranty.
The ASSURE Program, by the Diamond Producers Association (DPA) has developed a universal standard to test the performance of Diamond Verification Instruments in a consistent way, with the aim of protecting the integrity of the global jewelry supply cha
• Ensure mounted stones are set in open-back settings.
• Stones should be clean and free of all oils and grime to ensure the most accurate results.
• The Presidium® SDS II tester helps distinguish between colorless diamonds and moissanite using the combined principles of thermal and electrical conductivity. Because colored diamonds (natural and treated) may be electrically conductive, the tester should be used on colorless stones only (this limitation applies to all testers that use thermal and electrical conductivity methods for testing the authenticity of gemstones).