Work, roll, cut, shape and fire versatile PMC® just like any other type of clay. After firing, it comes out of your oven as a pure fine-silver object. Create jewelry, beads, components—anything you can do with clay, you can do with PMC!
When fired at 1,650° for two hours, PMC3™ is the strongest fine silver metal clay available. It has a finer, smoother composition that’s easy to work with and manipulate. You can also embed findings with confidence—firing at a low temperature means they won’t be heat-damaged. PMC3 is suitable for torch-firing as well as kiln-firing.
This package contains 5g of fine silver.
Composition: Metal powder (90%), water and organic binder (10%)
Color: Pickle white
• Firing temperature: 1,650°F (900°C) for two hours to achieve highest hardness and maximum durability; or 1,110°F (600°C) for 45 minutes; or 1,200°F (650°C) for 20 minutes; or 1,290°F (700°C) for 10 minutes.
• Melting point: 1,762°F (960°C)
• Density after firing: 9.3 S.G. (rolled silver = 10.5 S.G.)
• Every variety of PMC® is sold by the metal weight, not the weight that includes the water and binders that burn off during firing. You get every gram of precious metal you pay for from PMC.
• PMC® has a strong adverse reaction to contact with aluminum. Do not use aluminum tools or allow your PMC to come into contact with any aluminum object.