PMC® paper is a thin, flexible sheet that allows you the creative freedom to fold, form, onlay, weave or decorate. After firing, it comes out of your kiln as a pure fine-silver object. Each sheet has a thickness of .01" (30 ga.) before firing and is about .009" thick after firing.
PMC® paper shrinks less and has a stronger molecular bond than original formula PMC. It fires at a lower temperature, allowing you to combine sterling findings with your PMC+ before firing. This PMC is suitable for torch-firing as well as kiln-firing.
This package contains 4.4g of fine silver and features a scannable QR code printed on it that allows you to use your smartphone to scan and go directly to the online instructions for this clay.
Composition: Metal powder (90%), water and organic binder (10%)
Color: Pickle white
• Firing temperature: 1,650°F (899°C) for two hours to achieve highest hardness and maximum durability; or 1,470°F (800°C) for 30 minutes; or 1,560°F (850°C) for 20 minutes; or 1,650°F (900°C) for 10 minutes.
• Melting point: 960°C (1,762°F)
• Density after firing: 9.15 S.G. (rolled silver = 10.5 S.G.)
• Every variety of PMC® is sold by the metal weight, not the weight that includes the water and binders that burn off during firing. You get every gram of precious metal you pay for from PMC.
• PMC® has a strong adverse reaction to contact with aluminum. Do not use aluminum tools or allow your PMC to come into contact with any aluminum object.