Get the best of both worlds with PMC® 950! Roll, cut and shape beads, jewelry, components—this clay is just as easy to work with as original formula PMC™. After just a one-step firing process, your creation will come out of the kiln as a 95% pure silver object, richer than sterling (no need to embed in carbon!).
This clay is ideal for more delicate designs and for pieces that need added strength. You can solder your fired pieces with any grade of silver solder, and they are suitable for enameling, keum-boo, stone-setting, and even plating.
Metal powder (95% fine silver, 5% copper), water and organic binder
Color: Pickle white
• Firing temperature: 1,600–1,650°F (870–900°C)
• Melting point: 1,700°F (927°C)
• PMC® advertises the exact amount of precious metal you receive, excluding water and binders.
• PMC® has a strong adverse reaction to contact with aluminum. Do not use aluminum tools or allow your PMC to come into contact with any aluminum object.
• IMPORTANT: Sterling silver is an alloy containing metals that react with chemicals found in air and produce tarnish; high moisture levels, exposure to sunlight and contaminants such as salt water increase this reaction. Take steps to protect your sterling findings by keeping them in airtight packages, use tarnish-resistant products (such as tarnish tabs or strips) that absorb harmful chemicals, and store sterling findings in a cool, dry place. Most tarnish is easily removed by polishing with a mild abrasive or soaking in an anti-tarnish solution.