OneFire Sterling PMC™ delivers the best of both worlds. Work, roll, cut, shape and fire versatile PMC® just like any other type of clay. This Precious Metal Clay™ comes out of your kiln as a sterling silver object after just a one-step, open-air firing process (no need to embed in carbon!), and the clay is as easy to work with as original fine-silver PMC™. Create jewelry, beads, components—anything you can do with clay, you can do with PMC!
OneFire Sterling PMC™ contains a higher percentage of fine silver (96%) with just a touch of copper (4%) to give it the strength of sterling with the bright whiteness of silver. This clay is ideal for more delicate designs and for pieces that just have to have the added strength. In addition, you can solder on your fired pieces with any grade of silver solder, and they are suitable for enameling, keum-boo, stone-setting, and even plating, if desired.
Composition: Metal powder (96% fine silver, 4% copper), water and organic binder
Color: Pickle white
• Firing temperature: 1,600–1,650°F (870–900°C)
• Melting point: 1,700°F (927°C)
• Every variety of PMC® is sold by the metal weight, not the weight that includes the water and binders that burn off during firing. You get every gram of precious metal you pay for from PMC.
• PMC® has a strong adverse reaction to contact with aluminum. Do not use aluminum tools or allow your PMC to come into contact with any aluminum object.
• IMPORTANT: Sterling silver is an alloy containing metals that react with chemicals found in air and produce tarnish; high moisture levels, exposure to sunlight and contaminants such as salt water increase this reaction. Take steps to protect your sterling findings by keeping them in airtight packages, use tarnish-resistant products (such as tarnish tabs or strips) that absorb harmful chemicals, and store sterling findings in a cool, dry place. Most tarnish is easily removed by polishing with a mild abrasive or soaking in an anti-tarnish solution.