With PMC® Flex™, you can work, roll, cut and shape this fine silver metal clay like modeling clay and enjoy a much longer working time—weeks, if need be! The clay firms up somewhat but stays pliable enough to bend, twist, shape—even join edges with slip—up to a month later (NOTE: You won't be able to ball-up and re-roll the clay; to do that, you'll need to rehydrate the clay and begin again). Then, when you're ready, fire the clay to produce a pure fine-silver object.
This variety of PMC silver clay is ideal for use in the classroom and for anyone new to working with metal clay; its extended window of working time gives you (or your students) ample time to get designs just the way you want them.
• Need to sand or drill the clay? Easy. Simply use one of the traditional drying methods (warming plate or blow-dryer) for 20 minutes to dry out the clay.
• It's great to carve, easy to join components together and can be combined with all other varieties of PMC® silver clay.
• Use the same tools you use for other metal clays, but take care to clean tools thoroughly before using them on a different clay.
This package contains 3g of fine silver.
Composition: Metal powder (90%), water and organic binder (10%)
Color: Pickle white
• Firing temp.: 1,650°F (900°C) for two hours to achieve highest hardness and maximum durability; or 1,110°F (600°C) for 45 minutes; or 1,200°F (650°C) for 20 minutes; or 1,290°F (700°C) for 10 minutes.
• Melting point: 1,762°F (960°C)
• Density after firing: 9.3 S.G. (rolled silver = 10.5 S.G.)
• Every variety of PMC® is sold by the metal weight, not the weight that includes the water and binders that burn off during firing. You get every gram of precious metal you pay for from PMC.
• PMC® has a strong adverse reaction to contact with aluminum. Do not use aluminum tools or allow your PMC to come into contact with any aluminum object.