PMC® Flex™ is a great choice for the classroom or anyone new to working with metal clay. It offers a much longer working time than other types of PMC silver clay, so that you (or your students) can get your designs just the way you want them.
It's great to carve, easy to join components together and can be combined with all other varieties of PMC® silver clay.
The clay firms up somewhat but stays pliable enough to bend, twist, shape, or even join edges with slip days after opening. (NOTE: To ball-up and re-roll the clay you’ll need to rehydrate it.) If you need to sand or drill the clay, just use one of the traditional drying methods (warming plate or dehydrator).
You can use the same tools you use for other metal clays, but take care to clean your tools thoroughly before using them on a different clay.
Each package contains 3g of fine silver.
Composition: Metal powder (90%), water and organic binder (10%)
Color: Pickle white
• Firing temp.: 1,650°F (900°C) for two hours to achieve highest hardness and maximum durability; or 1,110°F (600°C) for 45 minutes; or 1,200°F (650°C) for 20 minutes; or 1,290°F (700°C) for 10 minutes.
• Melting point: 1,762°F (960°C)
• Density after firing: 9.3 S.G. (rolled silver = 10.5 S.G.)
• PMC® advertises the exact amount of precious metal you receive, excluding water and binders.
• PMC® has a strong adverse reaction to contact with aluminum. Do not use aluminum tools or allow your PMC to come into contact with any aluminum object.