An exciting evolution in micro pulse-arc welding, the Orion 200i pulse-arc welder significantly boosts production and efficiency while offering the widest range of functionality among Orion pulse-arc welders. Ideal for any size shop or business, the 200i puts precision control in your hands and up to 200 joules of power through its three pulse-shape, wave-form options: Classic Orion (mimics the 150i), Triangle (for smoothing welds), and Square (laser-like welds). New to this model is the Seam mode, an innovation in micro pulse arc welding that allows you to achieve laser precision and speed with up to 30 welds per second. Furthermore, the entire unit is self-contained, with no separate base unit to take up space either on the work surface or on the shop floor; everything is contained within the touch-screen itself.
Other special features:
• Adaptive Weld Ignition™, a low-current ignition system that extends the life of the electrode tips.
• Sleep mode enables fast start up when you need a quick weld. Just pull the swivel arm over your bench, pull up the settings on the easy-to-use touch screen interface and push the arm out of your way when finished.
• The MyWeld™ Management Intelligent Welding™ software provides one-touch intelligent weld settings for different metal-to-metal combinations, built-in training animations and robust advanced controls for finer setting adjustments.
In addition to the powerful Orion 200i Pulse Arc Welder, the system includes:
• 10" touch-screen interface that provides:
—wave-form display showing the various shaping effects.
—weld energy selection adjustable from 0.01 to 200 joules.
—spot size indicator.
—weld adjustment based on energy, peak power or weld current.
—one-touch access to weld wave-form, ignition and agitation option.
—on-screen access to videos and user's manual.
• Stereo microscope with 5X magnification and built-in shutter eye protection.
• USB port for downloadable training updates, new pre-sets and software updates.
• Instruction handbook and instructional DVD.
Welds per second: 30
Spot weld size: .01–4.5mm
Energy output: .01–200 joules
Adjustable by: .01 joules
Screen dimensions: 11-3/4"W x 9"H x 2"D
Swing arm dimensions: 4" x 5" base; 18"H; 21" reach
• IMPORTANT: This item is wired for dual 110- and 220-volt capability and is sold with a U.S. plug. Because amperage, outlets and plugs vary widely by location, you may need a different plug. If so, you are responsible for having the appropriate plug or adapter installed by a qualified professional. Rio Grande assumes no liability for improper or inadequate re-wiring or adapters procured by customer.