The Neutec® J-zF™ induction casting machine combines the compact size of the J-zP™ with the high-tech, leading-edge benefits of Neutec Flowlogic® technology. This J-z casting machine with Flowlogic delivers a cost-effective, high-performance jewelry casting system to your shop—no other machine in this price range comes close for rugged durability, low operating cost and top-quality castings. The J-z models are engineered for small- to medium-sized jewelry-making shops and deliver an impressive range of benefits to your production processes.
Specially configured for the J-z casting machine, Flowlogic® technology delivers an exclusive combination of innovative new technologies. Flowlogic combines several control system developments with an integrated computer-controlled dynamic pressure system to provide consistency and flexibility to your casting processes that, until now, simply weren't possible. The Autocast™ feature of the J-zF provides the convenience and accuracy of automation to your cast. When the metal reaches set-point, the machine automatically triggers the pressure and the pour—without operator intervention—at the optimal moment to ensure the best possible quality in your castings.
Because the pour is so dependably controlled, you can cast successfully at lower temperatures—ideal for stone-in-place casting processes. The Neutec Advanced Dynamic Computer™ (ADC) and Pulsed Power Stirring™ technologies provide the ultimate simplicity of operation--the fastest possible melting times and consistent melt-and-cast cycles for every alloy and any size load. The exclusive Self-Diagnostic Susceptence Measure adjusts for crucible wear by varying power and frequency for an optimal melt every time.
• ADC™ adaptive programming automatically adjusts power and frequency thousands of times per second and maintains a metal profile for every metal you cast, improving the timing and precision of the profile every time you cast that metal.
• The Pulsed-Power Stirring™ ensures homogenous melts and, with Power Stir Cast programming, keeps the molten alloy completely homogeneous right up to the pour—you never have to over-karat to get consistent values throughout the tree.
Larger flasks reduce metal in process by 20–25%, increase the number of components per cast, and save time on the production line with smoother surfaces and fewer defects. In production tests, the average flask-to-flask casting cycle is less than three and a half minutes—producing about 17 flasks per hour. And 100-gram pours benefit from the same precise and efficient melting program as does a full-capacity pour.
The Elements of Flowlogic®:
• Pressure Differential System—Maximizes pressure on the flask at the earliest possible moment as the pour begins. This allows you to further lower system temperatures to improve surface quality, reduce porosity and still achieve the best fill rate.
• Flowlogic® Type-A System—An innovative patent-pending design shapes the flow of molten metal, reducing turbulence and random no-fills, and speeds the fill rate at lower temperatures, reducing shrinkage porosity.
• Closed System—Metal is introduced to the crucible through a closed chute. The melting chamber is flooded with inert gas under constant positive pressure, stripping oxygen from the metal and forcing it up and out of the chute.
• Flask Alignment System—This patent-pending system ensures such perfect alignment between the flask and the crucible that molten metal consistently achieves the desired "dead drop" to the bottom of your sprue.
• Improved NeuSprue®—Designed with a button that dramatically reduces turbulence at the entry point, providing a smoother, faster metal flow, and a tip that further retards turbulence where the fill begins, these sprues are scientifically shaped to optimize metal solidification.
• SuperPerf™ Flask—With nearly 50% of their surfaces perforated, these flasks significantly improve out-gassing, measurably improving fill rate on every flask tested.
• Water-Cooled Components—Internal water-cooling allows the cabinet to be completely sealed, minimizing the risk of damage caused by dust or humidity.
• User-Friendly Digital Control Panel—Easy-to-see and easy-to-use touch screen command center puts control at your fingertips.
• Minimized Metal-to-Investment Reaction—Lower temperatures made possible by Flowlogic® reduce gas-generating reactions that can create defects in cast pieces.
• Adjustable Height—Adjust the threaded feet from 65"H up to 67"H as needed to suit your workspace and to ensure the machine is perfectly level.
Output power: 6kW
Maximum flask capacity (perforated): 5" x 9"
Minimum flask capacity (perforated): 2-1/2" x 4"
Maximum crucible capacity: 200cc (liquidus metal); working capacity is approximately 60%, depending on grain size.
Typical cycle time: 5–6 minutes
Maximum casting pressure: 45psi (3.1 bar)
Maximum temperature: 2,372°F (1,300°C)
Machine weight: 380 lbs. (173.4kg)
• The Flowlogic® system is designed to work with the NeuSprue® sprue and base system, which is one of the many elements that make up the Flowlogic advantage; use of NeuSprue system with your Flowlogic casting machine is strongly recommended.
• Physical technical support for this casting machine is only available to North America, the EU and Brazil. Units placed outside of these regions will have warranty guarantees.
• IMPORTANT: This casting machine is wired to accommodate 208–480 volts AC. Because this machine must be hard-wired directly to your power source, and because power supplies vary widely by location, this item does not come with a power cord. To protect the operator and the equipment, and to ensure proper operation, the connection of the machine to your power source must be done by a certified professional local to your area. Rio Grande assumes no liability for improper wiring of the machine to your power source. Failure to meet power installation requirements will void the warranty for the machine.
• All items in this kit are made in the USA.