A micromotor is a small, rotary power tool that is ideal for polishing, drilling, grinding plus many other bench jobs. This Champion micromotor from Marathon offers you a money-saving and space-saving powerhouse that you will find invaluable at your bench.
The Champion system includes:
• A base unit/control box with a variable speed dial and both forward and reverse options. Set the dial to the speed you want and use the foot pedal to power on and off, or flip a switch that allows you to use the dial itself to control on/off and vary your speed as you work. Designed for dual voltage capability (110/220 volts). Measuring just 4-1/2" x 6", the base takes up little precious bench space and, weighing only 4 lbs., it is easy to maneuver around the shop and easy to take on the road to trade shows or craft fairs.
• A slim, quiet-running H35SP handpiece that measures 6-1/4"L x 1-1/8"W and tapers to 5/8" at the grip for a comfortable hold and to 5/16" at the nose for precise control. The motor runs at speeds up to 35,000rpm. The collet accommodates all 3/32"-shank tools and changing tools is fast and easy. Its coiled, lightweight cord (just 9.5 ozs.) is flexible, maneuverable, and easy to manage.
• A foot control that operates power on and off.
• An independent handpiece stand that lets you set the handpiece down safely nearby.
• An attached handpiece holder that fits on the left or right side of the base unit to hold the handpiece between jobs.