Remove work marks, refine surfaces and create a mirror-like finish on your workpieces with this polishing kit from Merard. The kit includes four Luxor® by Merard polishing compounds (120g each)—compounds that put more than twice the abrasive to work on finishing your jewelry designs, are easily cleaned from workpieces and are silica-free—and two cotton buffs designed to work with high efficiency and to deliver a longer service life.
• Luxor® pink—a 6.5-micron compound that removes dents and scratches from gold, platinum and silver surfaces.
• Luxor® white—a 0.3-micron compound with smaller yet more aggressive abrasive that creates a smooth finish on surfaces.
• Luxor® yellow—a 0.5-micron compound that produces a mirror-like finish on gold, brass and copper alloys.
• Luxor® orange—a 0.1-micron compound that delivers a mirror-like finish on precious metals, stainless steel, titanium, and brass and copper alloys.
• Merard MB-style—a cotton buff that offers a rigid, high-resistance texture and is ideal for use with Luxor® pink polishing compound.
• Merard STV-style—a cotton buff with a rigid, high-resistance texture and some give that is an ideal partner for Luxor® white, yellow and orange polishing compounds.
Luxor® by Merard polishing compounds are designed for jewelers and watchmakers. They are manufactured from the highest-quality aluminum oxide abrasive and animal fats—a combination that delivers consistent results and dependable performance. With 70% aluminum oxide abrasive and strict product specifications, the compounds are highly effective using small amounts. Luxor polishing compounds are color-coded for easy identification.
Merard cotton buffs, specially designed for jewelers and watchmakers, are made with cotton fabric that is manufactured onsite in France using bolts of cloth sourced to ensure the highest-quality cotton fiber. The buffs are assembled with an exclusive process and are treated for increased longevity. Merard cotton buffs deliver an impressive service life, producing consistent results and dependable performance throughout.
• Thoroughly clean your buffs with a rake before moving from one compound to another to avoid cross-contamination and to prevent coarser abrasives, left behind after earlier polishing steps, won't hinder your finishing process. Occasionally clean buffs as a matter of course to remove old compound and loose fibers, refreshing the buff surface and ensuring your best result.