Plate more pieces at a time or plate larger items such as hollowware or small sculptures with this 2-liter system from the Legor® Group. This 2-liter plating system features six stations, each with a 2-liter capacity tank (5"W x 5"D x 7"H ID) and a fill line that helps prevent overfilling. The immersion quartz heating system with feedback thermocouple ensures efficient heating and consistent temperatures throughout the tank. Each tank is constructed of polypropylene, making it lightweight as well as corrosion- and stain-resistant.
This multi-station system supports the plating process from start to finish with three working tanks at the front of the unit and three rinse tanks at the back. Because the acid-dip step does not require heat and stirring, you may want to set up a simple two-station, non-working auxiliary station for that step and use all three working tanks to streamline your process. You can set up this system to:
• use one working station for electrocleaning.
• use another working station for a pre-plate step, such as nickel or palladium (or use without heat and stirring, if desired, for the acid-dip step).
• use the third working station for the final plating solution.
• fill each of the three non-working station with distilled water for rinsing.
The three working tanks in front offer individual controls and are regulated by a single rectifier (must be 5-amp or larger; not included). Each component is accessible for easy cleaning, repair or replacement. The unit features:
• digital controllable heat for each working tank (ranging from room temperature to 180ºF) .
• controllable agitation with magnetic stirrers in each working station.
• two steel anode bars, at the front and back of each working tank, allow you to connect your anodes (not included) at both ends of the tank, surrounding workpieces with current for better, more consistent coverage.
• a stainless steel cathode bar across the center of the working tanks support plating racks or individual pieces during plating.
• a polypropylene lid to keep dust and dirt out of the solutions when not in use.
• a plug-in outlet at the back of the unit that accommodates the positive and negative leads from your rectifier.
• a safety catch tray that supports all six tanks.