Designed to use as part of the Swedish Wrap coin ring technique, this nine-piece set of tall plungers (#1–#9) from Jason's Works enable you to make smaller rings from larger coins—adding additional size possibilities to your Swedish Wrap coin ring kit. This brass plunger is marked with witness lines to help indicate its movement as you press it downward into the reduction die (available separately).
Start the coin ring making process as usual, by punching, folding and reducing the coin with your Jason's Works tools and ring stretcher (available separately). Then, wrap your ring with several layers of Teflon® tape and set it into a Swedish Wrap reduction die. Use your brass plunger and your press to push the coin into the die, stacking multiple plungers as the ring diameter becomes smaller until the desired amount of reduction is achieved.
• Reducing large coins to smaller sizes requires more pressure than can be produced by a ring stretcher. An arbor press or, for the smallest sizes, a hydraulic press will be needed.
• IMPORTANT: Anneal often as you shape your coin using the plungers and reduction dies; this helps protect the metal integrity and design details of the coin.
• #1 plunger, 11/16"H x 1-9/32" dia.
• #2 plunger, 1-5/16"H x 1-3/16" dia.
• #3 plunger, 2-1/32"H x 1-1/16" dia.
• #4 plunger, 5/8"H x 1-1/16" dia.
• #5 plunger, 1-3/8"H x 29/32" dia.
• #6 plunger, 2-1/32"H x 13/16" dia.
• #7 plunger, 9/16"H x 25/32" dia.
• #8 plunger, 1-3/32"H x 11/16 dia.
• #9 plunger, 1-21/32"H x 19/32" dia.