This folding cone and stretcher set includes two stainless steel folding cones and five tough, non-marring linen phenolic (a thermoset resin material) folding cones used in partnership with coin ring reduction dies (sold seperately) to fold and shape a cut coin into a ring. A spacer (made of the same resin material) is used to extend the reach of the cones into the reduction die as the center hole widens and folds outward in this process. One highly polished stainless steel anvil designed to be used with the coin ring reduction dies, helping ensure that the ring achieves and maintains a perfectly parallel band width throughout the shaping and forming process. A 1/4" stretching mandrel ideal for starting the folding process on smaller coins (such as pennies or dimes); and a splined Mega-Stretcher sleeve designed to achieve larger ring sizes on your stretching mandrel. Keep all of your stretching and folding accessories neatly organized with the included accessory organizer made from dense, durable red oak.
Jason Stinchfield, founder and owner of Jason's Works, raised the idea of creating rings out of minted coins to a professional level and pioneered techniques and tooling that make the process fast, effective and repeatable. His work is widely recognized among jeweler/metalsmiths who work with coins to produce memorable pieces of wearable art. He chooses to openly share his own experience and the techniques he has developed, freely exchanging ideas and experiences with colleagues; this has brought rapid growth and vibrancy to this area of jewelry design.
• Anneal often as you shape your coin using reduction dies; this protects the metal integrity and design details of the coin.
• Protect the surfaces of your punches by using only brass-head mallets to strike them when cutting.
• Always use BurLife® on the cutting edges of your punches to keep them cutting cleanly and efficiently for years to come.
• Stainless steel starter cone (112265)
• 3/8" stabilizer folding cone (112353)
• 1/2" stabilizer folding cone (112362)
• 5/8" stabilizer folding cone (112372)
• 3/4" stabilizer folding cone (112375)
• Stabilizer folding spacer (112397)
• Stabilizer folding mandrel (112273)
• Stainless steel stabilizer folding mandrel (112340)
• 1/4" stretching mandrel (112278)
• Mega-Stretcher sleeve for ring stretcher mandrel (112398)
• Hardened stainless steel leveling anvil (112262)
• Red oak organizer (115860)