Designed by Jason's Works to streamline the process of creating rings from minted coins, this auto-punch set helps make the punching process error-free with self-centering housing and punch & die pairs. The housing is made from hardened steel with corrosion-resistant cadmium plating, and the set includes nine punch & die pairs (used to cut a center hole in the coin, starting the process for forming a ring). The tapered interior design of the auto housing provides a precise center punch without a spacer; the included punches and dies are made to specifically work with this housing.
Start by punching a hole in the coin of your choice with one of the nine punch & die pairs. Then use the reduction dies and cones (available separately) in succession to fold your coin outward to form and shape the ring band while preserving the detail. Keep your coin ring tools neatly organized with the included coin ring & tool accessory organizer made from dense, durable red oak.
Jason Stinchfield, founder and owner of Jason's Works, raised the idea of creating rings out of minted coins to a professional level and pioneered techniques and tooling that make the process fast, effective and repeatable. His work is widely recognized among jeweler/metalsmiths who work with coins to produce memorable pieces of wearable art. He chooses to openly share his own experience and the techniques he has developed, freely exchanging ideas and experiences with colleagues; this has brought rapid growth and vibrancy to this area of jewelry design.
• Protect the surfaces of your punches by using only brass-head mallets to strike them when cutting. • Always use BurLife® on the cutting edges of your punches to keep them cutting cleanly and efficiently for years to come.
• Auto-punch housing/die holder (115954)
• 5/16" punch & die pair (115838)
• 9/16" punch & die pair (115839)
• 11/16" punch & die pair (115840)
• 1/4" punch & die pair (115955)
• 3/8" punch & die pair (115956)
• 7/16" punch & die pair (115957)
• 1/2" punch & die pair (115958)
• 5/8" punch & die pair (115959)
• 3/4" punch & die pair (115960)
• Wood organizer (115837)