This Jason's Works starter kit delivers everything you need to start creating coin rings using the tools—including the Auto-Punch housing—specially designed by Jason Stinchfield to streamline the process of making rings with coins. The tapered interior design of the auto housing provides a precise center punch without a spacer; the punches and dies work specifically with this housing. Start by punching a hole in the coin of your choice with one of the punch & die pairs. Then use the reduction dies and cones in succession to fold your coin outward, forming and shaping the ring band while preserving the detail. Keep your coin ring tools neatly organized with the included coin ring & tool accessory organizer made from dense, durable red oak.
Jason Stinchfield, founder and owner of Jason's Works, raised the idea of creating rings out of minted coins to a professional level and pioneered techniques and tooling that make the process fast, effective and repeatable. His work is widely recognized among jeweler/metalsmiths who work with coins to produce memorable pieces of wearable art. He chooses to openly share his own experience and the techniques he has developed, freely exchanging ideas and experiences with colleagues; this has brought rapid growth and vibrancy to this area of jewelry design.
• Anneal often as you shape your coin using reduction dies; this protects the metal integrity and design details of the coin.
• Protect the surfaces of your punches by using only brass-head mallets to strike them when cutting.
• Always use BurLife® on the cutting edges of your punches to keep them cutting cleanly and efficiently for years to come.
• Auto punch & housing (115954).
• Three punch & die sets for auto holder:
• Four coin ring 17° reduction dies:
• Stainless steel starter cone for coin ring reduction dies (112265).
• Stabilizer folding cone set for coin ring reduction dies (112271).
• Coin ring tool & accessory organizer (115961).