From the company that pioneered the concept of glass-cutting with a band saw comes this next-generation band saw, the C-40. The C-40 band saw delivers faster cutting with even higher reliability. Because the blade cuts with diamonds, not teeth, the blade will not cut skin and so is far safer than toothed blades. You will be amazed at how quickly the blade moves through your material and how precisely you can control turns, curves and straight edges to produce cuts that are true to your designs.
• The work surface is a roomy 12" x 12" and is patterned to help enhance precise cutting; cutting clearance is 2-1/2" (3-3/4" with the upper guide removed).
• The saw is water-cooled by a generous reservoir of water (just use ordinary tap water, no additive needed) located under the work surface.
• The 301 saw blade (included) runs at a steady 40mph, driven by a powerful, 1/3hp, direct-drive motor (no belts or pulleys to wear out) that cuts quickly and cleanly—even on fragile materials such as glass.
• The blade runs through guides both above and below the work surface, significantly reducing wobble, and is about the thickness of two sheets of aluminum foil, so it removes very little material as it cuts.
• All electrical components are located in the top half of the saw, making clean-up a snap. Simply use a garden hose to rinse out the bottom half of the saw body; a specially designed-in spout allows even the last bit of water to run cleanly out of the tank.
• Includes one-year manufacturer's warranty.