This AuRACLE™ AGT3 Plus gold tester from GemOro® quickly and accurately tests all colors of gold (from 6K–24K) as well as platinum. Now with a larger digital readout display, this compact, portable tester requires only a few simple steps and tells you if your sample is genuine karat gold or is non-gold, gold plated or gold-filled.
• Easy-to-read alphanumeric LCD display shows both karat value and gold percentage. Choose between the "Fast Test Yellow" mode and the "Enhanced" mode to get the most efficient testing for your needs.
• Pen probe features an auto-check function and a contoured, ergonomic design; the tester has a built-in storage compartment to house the pen when it's not in use.
• The test result is immediate and requires no gels, chemicals or acids. Simply set the piece on the base and touch it with the pen probe. The LED indicator instantly gives you the results.
• Now even easier to calibrate—in seconds, the AuRACLE™ AGT3 pen probe is ready to go, ensuring the highest possible accuracy for every test. The pen probe is filled with saline, not corrosive chemicals, so that it can't stain your fingers or cause acid damage to your bench and supplies. (Because the pen barrel is overfilled slightly at the factory, there may be a bit of leakage at first or a few crystals may form on the pen tip; it isn't harmful, simply wipe it clean before using.)
• The pen lasts for approximately 5,000 tests; replacement pen probes are available.
• Use the file to clean away any dirt, oils or oxidation from a small test area on the piece.
• The tester is powered by one 9-volt battery or on AC (adapter and battery are included).
• Includes a 9V battery and AC adapter, a needle file, pen probe, user's guide instruction booklet, and a black, semi-rigid zippered carrying case with die-cut molded lining.
The test plate is durable, scratch-resistant, nickel-plated stainless steel.
• Calibration requires a small piece of 14-karat yellow plumb gold; for best results, use true plumb gold, not scrap or a 14-karat jewelry item—it makes a difference.
• Due to the subtle differences among karat values above 18-karat (including the fact that the alloys used vary from silver to copper, nickel, zinc, palladium, rhodium and aluminum), the testing results for these higher karat values may be inconsistent. It is important to note that in the vast majority of cases, the AGT3 will test gold above 18-karat perfectly well and better than any other tester in its class. Also, since the vast majority of gold is 18-karat or lower, the occurrence of an inconsistent test for higher karat gold will be very small. You can verify test results for high-karat gold pieces using traditional testing methods.