Soldering with power generated by this ET Hydrogen four torch system is a terrific alternative to using pressurized fuel and oxygen tanks in your shop—and the power generated by this torch system makes it ideal for a shop needing to run multiple torch stations and achieve production-quantity work. This state-of-the-art system, designed to meet a full range of jewelers' needs, is extremely safe and easy to use and lights with a simple push-pull shut-off mechanism. Its flame is very dry (no condensation of water vapor) with no sputtering. The torch handle is light and maneuverable—ideal for fine work and long work sessions; if desired, a special handle with built-in regulator function is available for this machine.
Visual controls keep you aware of the solution levels and power levels as you work and allow you to set the power you need for any given soldering, welding and brazing task. With a flame that adjusts to precision fineness, this system handles even the more delicate repair and design work. All of this in a system that is highly space-conscious—its footprint takes up a minimum of precious shop space, making it ideal for any shop, anywhere. This four-torch system is ideal for setting up four work stations in your shop; it may also be used for light casting by using the light-duty torch handle (500213; available separately).
Hydrogen welding systems produce energy by electrolyzing hydrogen and oxygen atoms from an electrolyte solution, creating a safer, cleaner, more economical hydrogen/oxygen fuel. The fuel gas produced by this catalytic reaction is highly effective with the added benefit of being a clean-burning fuel with zero CO(2) emissions, no oxidation and no condensation. Both the electrolyte solution and the necessary flux solution are mixed as needed by the operator. The electrolyte solution lasts you for as long as a year before needing to be refilled; the flux solution is also mixed as needed but needs refilling more often, approximately every 6–8 hours of soldering time at maximum power. Mix the electrolyte (500235) with demineralized water, following the instructions included with the electrolyte. Mix flux (500222) with methyl alcohol (700003), following the instructions included with the flux.
This system requires very little maintenance and what maintenance is needed is extremely easy to understand and implement using the support materials available. We highly recommend an annual performance tune-up with the maintenance kit (500255) available for this machine.
Maximum torch temperature: 5,800°F (3,200°C)
Consumption of deionized water per hour: 82cc
Consumption of alcohol per hour: 30cc
Capacity of alcohol container: 282cc
Electrolyte quantity: 3 liters
• Because the flame burns as hot as it does, please use care when soldering metals with lower melt temperatures to avoid accidentally melting rather than soldering these metals.
• Chemicals (electrolyte and flux solutions) are available separately.
• A 220-volt model is available by special order.
• One generator unit with built-in check valve and flame arrestor. A safety cap prevents pressure build-up in the tank and provides damping in case of flashback.
• Two T-fittings (each splits one of the two fuel supply lines to accommodate two separate handles).
• Four torch handles with built-in regulator (500266); torch holders are available separately.
• 10 meters of fireproof rubber hose (cut hose as needed to set up your work space).
• 12 torch tips; four each of three sizes: 0.6, 0.7 and 0.8mm dia.
• One plastic funnel.
• Two replacement fuses.
• Operating instructions; booklet and USB.