Built with Durston’s award-winning design and engineering expertise, the Rio Grande exclusive Durston RG F140 rolling mill easily rolls sheet and half-round wire to the precise gauge you need for your metal-forming work.
This rolling mill offers a large flat area (140mm, 5.5”) and extension rollers with four “D” grooves. The grooves are ideal for reducing half round wire, while the flat area gradually reduces metal thickness. You can also use pattern plates in the flat area to emboss sheet for more detailed and complex designs.
Durston is the foremost manufacturer of rolling mills throughout the world; they are recognized for reliability and robust construction with high-quality metal gears and rollers for a lifetime of service. This Durston Agile RG F140 mill, made exclusively for Rio Grande, features a few small changes to the design that make this lighter-weight, more affordable mill available to every jeweler without sacrificing any operational efficiency or quality that you would expect from a Durston rolling mill. RG mills have a precisely calibrated wheel at the top that allows you to easily adjust the mill.
• Rollers are specially induction-hardened to 64 HRC (to a depth of 6mm on the main barrel) for a lifetime of service.
• Bearing blocks are fully supported for the best possible finish on your rolled metal.
• Bearings are self-lubricating and maintenance-free.
• Protective guard around top gears.
• Heavy-duty, 5:1 gear box makes operating the mill much easier.