The wide jaws of these duck-bill pliers are ideal for working with oversized or heavy-gauge jump rings and pieces with larger interior diameters. The added width also makes them an effective bending brake, helping you create smooth, even bends in sheet and wire. The flat interior surface of both jaws helps minimize marring of the metal surface of the workpiece. Parallel-action pliers hold the object securely, even under very firm pressure; they’re a great choice when you need to hold a workpiece or other object securely while at the same time applying firm pressure to it, or when manipulating wire (you can feed the wire down through the throat and hold it firmly over the entire length of the jaw).
• The compound joint has two pivot points that keep the jaws parallel to each other as they open and close and create even pressure along the entire length of the jaw.
• These pliers have a coil spring, tempered to hold its hardness and spring back to its original shape after being compressed; the coil is attached to the inside surface between the tool handles.
• A jaw stop allows you to set the opening size of the jaws to minimize the squeezing needed to make a bend and achieve the same pressure and curvature as you shape your metal.
• Textured handles ensure a firm grip.
• Maximum jaw opening: 10mm