This round Forever One™ created moissanite, by Charles & Colvard®, features a vintage cut also known as the "old mine cut" and a brilliant white color. The Old European Cut is comparable to the modern brilliant cut but differentiated by a smaller table, a taller crown and an open culet. This Forever One cut is an ideal choice for a variety of one-of-a-kind jewelry designs. Use a single stone for a simple ring, bracelet or necklace, or use multiples for complex multi-stone designs or matching sets.
Graded by GIA standards, Forever One™ created moissanite achieves a colorless (D, E, F) rating; this stone represents a revolution in dazzling, sparkling clarity. A Forever One gemstone is the only created moissanite considered colorless by GIA color-grading standards. This dazzling, ultra-white gem exhibits more fiery brilliance than any other gemstone—even natural diamond—at a fraction of the cost of diamond.
The old mine cut originated in mines where the rough diamonds were cut by hand and symmetry was not a priority—primarily from the first mine discoveries on the Indian continent and later from mines in Brazil and Africa. The cut is designed to optimize the play of light from low-angle candle lighting and present a light return that tends to be full of character but not uniform. The open culet creates a Kozibe effect, which allows the culet to be visible in the stones bezels.
The gemological properties of Charles & Colvard Created Moissanite® lend powerful optical characteristics to your jewelry designs. Its high refractive index and light dispersion produce an ideal fusion of brilliance and fire that dazzles and captures the eye unlike any other jewel. What's more, the manufacturing process pioneered by Charles & Colvard produces one of the hardest minerals on earth with a Mohs hardness second only to diamond and higher than emerald, sapphire or ruby.
• Every Forever One™ jewel is discreetly laser-engraved by Charles & Colvard®, verifying its authenticity, and includes a certificate of authenticity (for stones 4mm and larger), a limited-warranty card and a bench guide.
• Charles & Colvard® Guarantee: If you should happen to chip a stone, please return the damaged stone to Rio Grande and we will replace it at no additional cost.
• This stone can usually be cast in place safely; however, the process involves a great many variables, and there is always risk of damage to the stone. For instructions and information, see Tyler Teague's article "Casting Stones in Place"below (or simply search 'casting stones in place').
• This stone is NOT suitable for firing in place in silver PMC.
• Unless precisely calibrated to an exact size, gemstone sizes vary slightly. Rio allows a tolerance of +/– 0.1mm for gemstones 4mm and smaller.
• Care: Clean with warm, soapy water. Ultrasonic and steam cleaning are usually safe.