Carve your computer-generated designs with incredible detail—and surprising speed—right on your desktop (using your own computer and monitor) with the fast, affordable, space-conscious Carbide3D Nomad 883 Pro CNC mill. The cutting tools accommodate soft metals (up to a Mohs hardness rating of 4) as well as hard carving waxes and modeling materials. The Nomad 883 Pro fits easily into almost any shop or workspace and comes out of the box complete with the software and all the materials you need to get right to work—a powerful tool for your design and production processes.
• The Nomad Pro system includes MeshCAM 3D CAM software that generates a three-dimensional tool path from any .stl file (compatible with PC and Mac operating systems and includes license and access to technical support). Also included is Carbide Create, a 2D CAD/CAM software developed by Carbide3D that creates and accepts two-dimensional .dxl files, and Carbide Motion, software that allows you to control your Nomad from your computer.
• Change tools easily, as often as your design requires, without struggling to recalculate the "zero" position—the Nomad Pro features an automatic adjustment that accommodates varying tool lengths, precisely resetting "zero" with each tool change.
• The spindle, custom designed specifically for the Nomad Pro, delivers smoother, more reliable performance, durable construction for a long service life and quiet operation; its ER-11 collet holds 1/8"-shank tools.
• Motion in each axis, x, y and z, is independently controlled by a very fast-pitch lead screw with rigid steel bearings that ensure smooth, high speed movement. In the Nomad Pro, both the x-axis and y-axis lead screws feature an anti-backlash nut that ensures accuracy over time.
• The Nomad 883 Pro offers a generous work area, 8" x 8" x 3", that easily accommodates a wide array of workpieces including belt buckles and bracelet blanks. The smooth, flat aluminum table is drilled to accommodate a replaceable work surface made from sturdy MDF (medium-density fiberboard).
• The working area is enclosed so that both noise and dust is better contained, helping keep your work area cleaner and quieter.
• The cabinet and structural components are machined from high-grade aluminum stock, then anodized or bead-blasted to ensure a durable, attractive, long-lasting finish. The hinged front opening of the cabinet is constructed of high-impact acrylic that ensures an unobstructed view of the work and easy access to the work area. The side panels are cut from attractive, natural bamboo and provide additional noise absorption.
• All electronic components are designed and manufactured specifically for the Nomad Pro.
• Made in the USA.
Interior work space: 8' x 8" x 3" (x-, y- and z-axis, respectively)
Motor: DC, brushless with sealed bearings
Max. spindle speed: 10,000rpm
Cutting speed: 100"/min. (x, y); 50"/min. (z)
Power output: 240 watts (motor); 50 watts (spindle)
Mechanical resolution: .0005"
Mechanical repeatability: .0015"
Mechanical accuracy: .005"/ft.
Compatible software operating systems: Windows 7, 8.1, 10; OS X 10.9, 10.10, 10.11
• A computer and monitor are required (not included) to support the Nomad 883 mill.
• IMPORTANT: This item is wired for dual 110- and 220-volt capability and is sold with a U.S. plug. Because amperage, outlets and plugs vary widely by location, you may need a different plug. If so, you are responsible for having the appropriate plug or adapter installed by a qualified professional. Rio Grande assumes no liability for improper or inadequate re-wiring or adapters procured by customer.
• One Carbide3D Nomad 833 Pro CNC mill.
• One #101 ball end-mill. 1/8" shank.
• One #102 square end-mill, 1/8" shank.
• One ER-11 1/8" collet.
• One ER-11 collet wrench.
• One aluminum composite practice plate, 4" x 5" x 1/8"—used in tutorial 1, to make a spindle wrench.
• One RenShape® practice modeling block, 2" x 3" x 1", "synthetic wood"—used in tutorial 2, on MeshCAM and contoured object cutting.
• One roll of 5-mil double-sided tape, 3/4"W x 36 yds.
• One MDF wasteboard, 8" x 8" x 1/2".
• One MeshCAM software, downloadable and license.
• One Carbide Motion software, preloaded.
• One Carbide Create software, preloaded.
• One USB connection cable.
• One power cable.