This handy kit fits into your Bonny Doon hydraulic press and enables you to perfectly shape metal to form rings and other pieces without any of the kinks, bends and marring that are part of the process when using traditional hammering techniques. The column block and bolt secure the tool to the upper platen of your press. The steel dowel holds the ring forming sleeves and attaches magnetically to the column block—easy to use and completely secure. Seven ring sleeves, all 1" long, offer diameters from 16mm to 20.5mm. The kit also includes a urethane block in a container box configured to work with the dowel and column block in shaping rings.
Working incrementally, shape your ring blank or metal strip from one end to the other; the ring wraps itself around the sleeve as you work, preserving textures, design details and the shape of the shank with no marring or distortion. Then simply slide the ring off the dowel and, in mere minutes, you're ready to finish the ring or shape more rings.
• One steel dowel/press pin (110640), 63.5mmL x 12.7mm dia.
• One 95-durometer urethane block, 1-1/2"L x 1"W x 1"H
• One urethane container, 56mmL x 51mmW x 32mmH
• One column block, 50.7mmL x 19mmW x 75mmH
• Seven ring sleeves/forming dies, 25.5mmL, in diameters: 20.5, 19.75, 19.0, 18.0, 17.3, 16.5 and 16.0mm.