Built specially for jewelers by jewelers, a Bonny Doon hydraulic press is engineered and built to be the safest on the market and the most versatile metal forming tool in any jeweler’s shop. Each press includes a high-quality ram, making them more economical than other presses and allowing you to start forming virtually right out of the box. Manufactured exclusively for Rio Grande.
You’ll increase your productivity and decrease your production time with the Bonny Doon Classic 20-ton hydraulic press. The press allows you to emboss, texture, bend, form, shape and cut metal precisely. Create perfectly formed bracelets and rings, bend thin or thick metal precisely, form your silver or gold into 3D shapes easily. It delivers consistent, even results with less marring, reducing finishing time. The included 10,000psi pressure gauge makes it easy to accurately create repeat patterns.
Boony Doon presses are engineered for durability, safety, ergonomics and for ease of use. The solid workmanship behind each press allows it to withstand the pressure it generates with no flexing.
• Heavy-duty springs allow for faster cycle times and are completely hidden inside the frame to protect the operator and the springs.
• The 11"W x 24”H press frame is precision-welded by certified welders using heavy-gauge, 2"-square steel tubing for a structurally rigid frame that resists flexing more than any comparable press.
• A rust resistant baked enamel finish.
Powered with manual hydraulics, the Classic press delivers a maximum 22 tons of force, conforming metal to your desired shape. The press offers:
• 6-3/4”W x 6-3/4”D x 7”H (171.5 x 171.5 x 177mm) working area.
• a self-leveling lower platen for consistently even impressions.
• pre-drilled, integrated mounting feet so you can bolt the press directly to a workstation.
• T-handle opens and closes the release valve.
• jack handle that raises the platen.
The included ram features:
• Hot-forged base for greater durability.
• Integrated triple seals for smooth operation.
• An oil bypass system protects internal parts by preventing overextension of the ram.
• The Bonny Doon Classic hydraulic press is shipped in two boxes, one approx. 59 lbs, the other approx. 28 lbs.
• For your safety, the press must be bolted to a sturdy, durable work surface before use.