This B9Creations Model Cure light box provides the ultraviolet curing required for models built by the 3D printers such as the B9Creations Core Series machine. With its high-intensity light-shower design, the B9 Model Cure dramatically reduces curing times compared to other curing units. For small models, recommended cure time is just 2–3 minutes; for large models, just 5–10 minutes, depending upon thickness and overall dimensions.
Although the models are perfectly formed, the photosensitive resins must be fully cured by exposing them for a period of time to intense UV light; this process enables the consolidation and stabilization of the model structure. The B9 Model Cure light box, with a light-energy intensity of more than 40mW/cm(2)—much higher than other units—is ideal for this purpose. A glass vessel (2-1/2"H x 4" dia.) is included for curing models under water.
The Model Cure features:
• a wide chamber that accommodates several models at once.
• a convenient slide-out drawer for easy loading and unloading of models.
• forced interior ventilation
• a 0:10- to 9:50-minute timer with an audible completion signal so you don't have to watch it every second.
• three memory cells for storing your most-used curing programs, ensuring precise, repeatable production processes.
• a long-life LED light array; service life exceeds 50,000 hours (60+ years if used for 1 hour every day).
• a safety shut-off switch that prevents light emission when the chamber door is open.
Light source: UV LED
Power output: 60 watts
UV wavelength: 390–410nm
• IMPORTANT: This item is wired for dual 110- and 220-volt capability and is sold with a U.S. plug. Because amperage, outlets and plugs vary widely by location, you may need a different plug. If so, you are responsible for having the appropriate plug or adapter installed by a qualified professional. Rio Grande assumes no liability for improper or inadequate re-wiring or adapters procured by customer.