With this fast, affordable, well-built B9 Core Series model 550 3D printer, you build models directly from designs you've created using your computer and just about any CAD design software that renders .stl files—the B9 Core Series software is free to download and try out. This model is great for large-scale production with fast builds at a 50-micron resolution; its larger envelope is ideal for larger quantity builds or for larger workpieces such as cuff and bangle bracelets. Create models you can put right into your (and your customer's) hand to examine, turning it to view from every angle before approving it for molding or direct casting. Create master models for your jewelry line, create direct build-to-tree models, test design structure and more.
The precision-engineered, patent-pending technology eliminates the need for complex tuning and calibration, optimizes production speed, and maximizes resolution and surface finish. In addition, this compact unit offers state-of-the-art Wi-Fi, ethernet and USB connectivity, allowing multiple users to connect with multiple B9 Core Series printers to readily meet any production level your business requires.
The incredibly intuitive touchscreen user interface is beautifully designed, making the 550 easy to use with very little training, and the printer is not limited to proprietary software or resins; it imports graphics and files from most CAD software programs and builds your models using any of the variety of resins available on the market—particularly those formulated by B9Creations for this machine. And, the B9 Core Series machines require no maintenance agreements, service fees or high-cost materials.
The 3-3/4" x 2-1/8" (x, y axes) build platform supports multiple models up to 5"H (z-axis), completing them in a single build cycle. Powered by an industrial HD LED light engine, the B9 Core 550 is four times faster than the industry average with print speeds from 40–60 minutes per inch (25.4mm) for a full envelope. Models are built layer-by-layer so that there is virtually no limit to the geometric complexity of the design you want to model: undercuts, cavities, extremely fine structuring and complex shapes are easily within reach. Other resins are available separately.
• Light source: HD LED light engine technology; 12 volts DC, 5 amps.
• Working area: 3-3/4" x 2-1/8" x 5" (96 x 54 x 127mm).
• Slice thickness: x, y axes, 50 microns; z-axis, 10 microns, based on material, model geometry and slice thickness.
• IMPORTANT: This item is wired for dual 110- and 220-volt capability and is sold with both a U.S. plug and an EU-style plug. Because amperage, outlets and plugs vary widely by location, you may need a different plug. If so, you are responsible for having the appropriate plug or adapter installed by a qualified professional. Rio Grande assumes no liability for improper or inadequate re-wiring or adapters procured by customer.
One B9 Creations model 550 3D printer
One 1kg jug Emerald resin.
Two DuraVat stackable/storable resin trays with lids.
One finishing kit, including:
- Microfiber cloth
- Plastic scraper
- Pair of latex gloves
- Rubber spatula
- Print removal blades; pkg/5
- Plastic squeeze bottle
- Resin filters; pkg/10
- Funnel with fitted strainer
Free remote factory set-up assistance.
One-year manufacturer's warranty