Use this seamless, heavy-wall sterling silver tubing to create hinges, custom tube settings, bails, eyelets, tube rivets, spacers, and more. For tube settings, choose heavy-wall tubing with an outside diameter about 0.5mm larger than your stone. This size fits a 3.5mm stone.
Hard sterling silver is significantly work-hardened. It does not bend readily and holds its shape after forming. Keep in mind that hardness is changeable by annealing, heat-hardening or work-hardening.
Priced by the dwt. Packaged in pre-cut 12" straight lengths. Minimum purchase is one piece.
- Country of origin : United States
- Metal type : Sterling silver
- Purity : .925
- Hardness : Hard
- Form : Tubing
- Dimensions : 12"L (cannot be cut to order)
- Outside dimension : 4.12mm (0.162")
- Inside dimension : 3.1mm (0.122")
- Wall thickness : 0.51mm (0.02")
• To create settings with heavy-wall tubing, the inside diameter of the tubing must be smaller than the stone.
• IMPORTANT: Sterling silver is an alloy containing metals that react with chemicals found in air and produce tarnish; high moisture levels, exposure to sunlight and contaminants such as salt water increase this reaction. Take steps to protect your sterling silver by keeping it in airtight packages, use tarnish-resistant products (such as tarnish tabs or strips) that absorb harmful chemicals, and store metals in a cool, dry place. Most tarnish is easily removed by polishing with a mild abrasive or soaking in an anti-tarnish solution.
• We strive to measure quantities ordered as closely as possible; however, due to manufacturing tolerances at the mill, please allow for a ±10% variance when ordering.
2020-2021 Tools and Equipment Catalog p. 794