The strongest of the PMC® fine silver clays, PMC3™ is easy to work with and manipulate. It fires more quickly and at a lower temperature than other types of PMC—you can fire your PMC3 pieces in as little as 10 minutes.
PMC3™ offers a range of design options. Roll, cut and shape jewelry, beads, and components like you would with other types of PMC. PMC3® can also be fired with glass, some natural stones, and Embeddables® findings.
When fired in a kiln at 1,650° for two hours, PMC3™ is the strongest fine silver metal clay available. It’s also suitable for torch firing.
Each package contains 50g of fine silver.
Composition: Metal powder (90%), water and organic binder (10%)
Color: Pickle white
• Firing temperature: 1,650°F (900°C) for two hours to achieve highest hardness and maximum durability; or 1,110°F (600°C) for 45 minutes; or 1,200°F (650°C) for 20 minutes; or 1,290°F (700°C) for 10 minutes.
• Melting point: 1,762°F (960°C)
• Density after firing: 9.3 S.G. (rolled silver = 10.5 S.G.)
• Packaging may vary.
• PMC® advertises the exact amount of precious metal you receive, excluding water and binders.
• PMC® has a strong adverse reaction to contact with aluminum. Do not use aluminum tools or allow your PMC to come into contact with any aluminum object.