This 14-karat vermeil toggle clasp features ball ends and a smooth, bright finish that complements a variety of jewelry designs. This clasp is an ideal choice for light- to medium-weight necklaces and bracelets made with vermeil, plated or filled chain and beads.
A toggle clasp is a two-part clasp consisting of a ring and a bar. The toggle clasp is ideal for necklaces, bracelet and anklets and is easy to use. Often decorative or stylized, toggles can easily be used as a focal point the jewelry design. The bar end requires a short length of chain to allow it to slide lengthwise through the ring, then turn sideways so that it cannot fit back through the ring, effectively closing the jewelry piece. To open, the bar is simply pulled further through the ring just far enough to allow it to turn lengthwise again and slide back through the ring.
Made of precious metal but more affordable than solid gold, vermeil items offer the thickest layer of gold available—2.5 microns, which is 5 times the thickness of typical gold plating.
• Overall length indicates the length added to your strand by the clasp.
• Our vermeil meets FTC standards of 100 millionths of an inch of gold layered over sterling silver.
• Vermeil should not be machine polished.
• Customers within the European Union: Please be aware that this item contains nickel and may not be in compliance with EU regulation EN1811:2011+A1:2015.
• When attaching a toggle clasp, ensure there is enough slack at the bar end to allow the bar to clear the ring and seat properly.