This 14-karat pink gold casting grain shows its best full red color in finished pieces that have textured finishes, such as satin, florentine or bright cut. The grain’s high copper gives its pink color but also means that it firescales easily; flux well, use a reducing flame or inert atmosphere, and pickle to remove the firescale. The cast metal is very malleable. Casting metal, because it comes ready to melt and pour into your mold, is fast and efficient to use and, because it is professionally produced, you can count on consistent, repeatable quality and composition over time.
Sold by the pennyweight (dwt.), minimum purchase is 0.2 dwt.
• Induction melting is not recommended for this grain.
• Casting temperatures are approximate; adjust for your particular alloy and application.
• Due to the manufacturing process of casting grain, the grain is irregular in shape and size.
• For more information regarding the use or composition of this material, please refer to the reference sheet provided below.
• Customers within the European Union: Please be aware that all pink gold materials sold by Rio Grande are in compliance with EU regulation EN1811:2011.